There will be various workshops organised throughout the week: a talk from NHS on mental health on Thursday, a talk on how to use expressive arts to cope with stress and difficult situations; from stress and relaxation sessions brought by Ayr Action for Mental Health Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to the "how to bounce back" from bad experiences.
There will also be different stalls each day:
- Monday: Shelf Help and Coping with pressure
- Tuesday: Hobbies and impact on self esteem
- Wednesday: LGBTQ information stall
- Thursday: Ayr Action for Mental Health and hobbies and impact of self esteem
- Friday: Young carers service
South-Ayrshire libraries have already implemented "Shelf Help" services for young people: students can find books specifically tailored for them with information, advice and personal stories about dealing with difficult situations.
You can find more information here.
This is going to be a very formative event for all the students and it will have a positive impact on pupils across their learning.